Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Darker the Better

*bathroom painted in HC-168 Chelsea Gray


Choosing a color and think it may be too dark?
Sometimes darker can really define a space.
 
Here's an example from my own home.
 
Our basement has a very (very) low ceiling.
My boyfriend and I both love dark, deep colors.
The basement is kind of his space so his reply to which color he wanted was 'brown'.
Simple. But grayer tones are what I love.
We have a half bath in the basement that desperately needed help.
After purchasing the home, I hadn't really noticed that bathroom.
Until one day, I really looked. Yikes, it was blinding shiny white. Everything.
 
In the right application it would be nice, but defiantly not our style.
 
Before:
 
After:
 
The bathroom now looks super cozy and homey.
We chose to paint Taos Taupe 2111-40
and used the Regal Select in Eggshell finish.
The Regal Select has an extra mildew resistance
And we swayed from our regular matte finish to a little more washable eggshell.
 
The ceiling I repainted Cloud White CC-40 in a ceiling flat.
 
Even though the ceiling is low its impossible to tell.
 
Sometimes darker is better.
And can change the feel of a space
making it perfect.
 
-Courtney
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment